Saturday, February 14, 2009

Discovery Channel

I prefer Valium to Valentines this year (stupid economy) especially since my Valiumtine is on a prolonged business trip (stupid war.)

The legal nurse consultant work-study program is plodding along a lot slower than I had anticipated. Despite the open book quizzes and exams, something (HGTV, dog walking, chocolate consumption, needlepoint projects) always seems to take priority...top off the procrastination soup with some fresh shaved prescription anxiolytics and welcome to the team!


Discovery
is pre-trial devices used by one party to obtain info regarding the case from the other party. You can't hide pertinent information from the other side despite the fantastic the plot twist (I'm looking at you John Grisham.) Discovery includes requests for the production of things (ex: people) and documents (ex: psych records.)

Discovery sounds a lot like scut work, of which I am a huge fan. I ask you, what could be more soothing than repetitive tasks (IV insertion) designed to elicit information (patient history) and gain skill (practice, practice, practice)? Almost as satisfying as spending an afternoon on the couch eating chocolate, with the dogs, watching TV while zooming on benzodiazapines.

No comments: